CLASS Release 7.0.5
CLASS Release 7.0.5, promoted into operations on February 24, 2016, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Support ingest, archive, and access of NDE Total Ozone Analysis using SBUV/2 and TOVS (TOAST) and NDE Hydrometeorological.
- Support both FTP and FTPS data submissions and data downloads.
- Support load balanced and redundant file replication.
CLASS Release 7.0.4
CLASS Release 7.0.4, promoted into operations on December 9, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Support ingest, archive, and access of VIIRS Reflective Solar Band Automatic Calibration History data.
- Process subscriptions on separate paths from other orders, avoiding delays in subscriptions due to many large orders.
- Apply user specified notification options to M2M order requests.
- Rely less on database replication, decreasing the strain on the database.
CLASS Release 7.0.3
CLASS Release 7.0.3, promoted into operations on October 15, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Load balance orders between nodes.
- Manage tape archive requests using both date and priority.
- Assign a new UUID to GVAR data upon re-ingest when at least one file has changed.
CLASS Release 220.127.116.11
CLASS Release 18.104.22.168, promoted into operations on August 27, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- The addition of two NDE_L2 datatypes, MIRS Precipitation and Surface Products (MIRSAIMG) and MIRS Sounding Products (MIRSASND), to the public S-NPP FTP server.
CLASS Release 7.0.2
CLASS Release 7.0.2, promoted into operations on August 11, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Tape library enhancements to Dissemination.
- Direct download access to JPSS Cal/Val Investigator Containers.
- Web search results presented on separate pages, with support for Jump to Page.
- The selection of multiple search results at once for placement in the Shopping Cart for ordering.
CLASS Release 7.0.1
CLASS Release 7.0.1, promoted into operations on June 16, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Support ingest, archive, and access of Ocean Color Frontal Products.
- File recall performance improvements.
- Display the Product ID with datatype names on sensor-related JPSS/S-NPP Search pages.
CLASS Release 7.0
CLASS Release 7.0, promoted into operations on April 14, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Support ingest, archive, and access of JPSS GMASI ODADS.
- Support ingest, archive, and access of NDE Microwave Tropical Cyclone NUPs.
- Support File Size search criteria for GOES GVAR and Pre-GVAR data products.
- Provide more accurate GOES geographic search results.
CLASS Release 6.3.7
CLASS Release 6.3.7, promoted into operations on February 26, 2015, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Provide ability to distinguish between Total Ingest Statistics and Ingest Update Statistics on Metrics ingest reporting.
- Split large searches into multiple sub-searches, enhancing the user experience when searching huge amounts of data.
- Update Jason datatype families and datatype names to no longer be specific to Jason 2.
- Display S-NPP Quality Summary Names and Quality Summary Values in the same order.
CLASS Release 6.3.6
CLASS Release 6.3.6, promoted into operations on December 9, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Ability to encrypt ordered JPSS Mission Notices.
- Ingest and disseminate zero-sized files.
- Support metrics reporting on one and only one datatype.
- Archive Common Submission manifests.
- Moved the Jason J2ION datatype to the Jason Ancillary Data family.
- Moved the Jason J2ORF, J2PPF, and J2VPF datatypes to the Jason ORBINFO datatype family.
CLASS Release 6.3.5
CLASS Release 6.3.5, promoted into operations on October 15, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Ingest and Access support for Jason-3 data
- Direct download access to JPSS Release Packages
- Ingest and Access support for JPSS Data Production Reports
- Separation of existing S-NPP and future JPSS datatype families into additional datatype families, based on processing level
- Converstion factor widget on Metrics reports, allowing selections such as bytes, gibibytes, and pebibytes (base 2)
- Display of the date and time each Metrics report has been successfully loaded
CLASS Release 6.3.4
CLASS Release 6.3.4, promoted into operations on August 19, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Display Time of Last Activity for large orders
- Report subscription file sizes within Metrics reports
CLASS Release 22.214.171.124
CLASS Release 126.96.36.199, promoted into operations on July 8, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Updates to calculations for unique users in the Metrics ETL process
- Ability to load historical user data for the Metrics Unique Users report
CLASS Release 188.8.131.52
CLASS Release 184.108.40.206, promoted into operations on May 29, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Support of non-unique file names across Common Submission Data Providers
- Updates to ensure the re-ingest of a file with a different checksum results in a new UUID for all types of data
- Updates to ensure time-based subscriptions are active on their last day of eligibility
CLASS Release 6.3.3
CLASS Release 6.3.3, promoted into operations on May 13, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Search and order capabilities of raw NOAA POES / DMSP data
- Support for ingest and access of compressed S-NPP data
- Website updates to change references of "NPP" to "S-NPP"
CLASS Release 6.3.2
CLASS Release 6.3.2, promoted into operations on April 22, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Ingest and archive of 2 km Hemisphere Automated Snow and Ice data
- Dissemination cache management updates, including the prevention of duplicate records and deletion of FTP links in various cases
- Updates to POD and KLM User's Guides URLs
- Updates that allow for the ingest and dissemination of relatively larger files
- Display of a new Homepage image
CLASS Release 220.127.116.11
CLASS Release 18.104.22.168, promoted into operations on April 3, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Ingest, search, order, and dissemination support for GSIP Version 3 data
- Search and base data corrections for the unique users Metrics report
- Updated the Notes field on the Web Search pages to be configurable on whether it is initially displayed or hidden
- Updated external links on various Search pages
CLASS Release 22.214.171.124.2
CLASS Release 126.96.36.199.2, promoted into operations on March 30, 2014, contains updates for the Archive Report and Ingest Report of the Metrics ETL Process.
CLASS Release 188.8.131.52.1
CLASS Release 184.108.40.206.1, promoted into operations on March 26, 2014, contains updates for CLASS to support the ingest, archive, search, and dissemination of NDE data. When CLASS starts receiving NDE data, a message will be added to the CLASS Home Page.
CLASS Release 6.3.1
CLASS Release 6.3.1, promoted into operations on March 19, 2014, contains database and software updates for the system to support numerical inventory values up to 9.2 quintillion. No new functionality was implemented at this time.
CLASS Release 6.3
CLASS Release 6.3, promoted into operations on February 18, 2014, contains software updates for the system to execute on a new operating system. No new functionality was implemented at this time.
CLASS Release 6.2.6
CLASS Release 6.2.6, promoted into operations on January 13, 2014, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Access to data sets via UUID (search, data set details, order), which is a sequence of 32 hexadecimal digits used to uniquely identify each CLASS data set
- Ability to search for data sets based on data set name only, without knowing the datatype
- Ingest, search, order, and dissemination support for NDE Green Vegetation Fraction data
CLASS Release 6.2.5
CLASS Release 6.2.5, promoted into operations on November 6, 2013, contains the following significant enhancements:
- Allow the receipt and ingest of Common Submission data using SHA-384 checksum
- On Metrics DIP reports, display all order types and NPP packaging information
- Updates to field names and types within ASCII-formatted GCOM Mission Notices
- Updates to CORS and NDE file name conventions
CLASS Release 6.2.4
CLASS Release 6.2.4 that was promoted into operations on September 17, 2013 contains internal enhancements to the data acquisition process and various system stability enhancements.
CLASS Release 6.2.3
CLASS Release 6.2.3 that was promoted into operations on July 16, 2013 contains the following significant enhancements:
- Improvements to receive derived products from S-NPP. These products should start appearing in the CLASS web site by December 2013
- Reduction of descriptive data stored for S-NPP. This information is still available with data but will no longer be available via the CLASS web interface. The following HDF5 metadata elements are no longer displayed:
- Dataset Source (from the Display Details)
- LEOA Flag (from the Granule Details)
- Band ID (from the Granule Details)
- Creation Date/Time (from the Granule Details)
- G-Ring Latitude (from the Granule Details)
- G-Ring Longitude (from the Granule Details)
- NPOESS Document Reference (from the Granule Details)
- Auxiliary Data (from the Granule Details)
- Official Dynamic Ancillary Data (from the Granule Details)
- Dissemination enhancements to recall data from the tape library more efficiently
- Additional enhancements only visible to internal users
- Archive Managers can now get graphical displays of metrics reports
- First version of web services for support of data search and order is ready for beta testing
CLASS Release 6.2.2
CLASS Release 6.2.2 that was promoted into operations on June 5, 2013 contains the following significant enhancements.
- Support for IASI ORL data. Once the producer starts sending that data to CLASS users will be able to access it via the CLASS web interface or subscription services. http://www.class.ncdc.noaa.gov/release/system_help/subs/index.htm
- Enhancements to our search algorithm to make it faster and to support node searches for NPP data
- Future enhancements will continued improving search speed
- Improvements to dissemination services
- Better management of the dissemination disk storage area
- Better error handling for bundling of NPP Data and geolocation files
CLASS Release 220.127.116.11
Release 18.104.22.168, released 22 May 2013, has the following significant enhancements:
- Support for IASI 1C
- Corrected average calculation on completed order statistics for metrics reporting
CLASS Release 6.2.1
Release 6.2.1, released 8 May 2013, has the following significant enhancements:
- Improvements to Dissemination services
- Improved error handling in the system will ensure that orders are completed in a more timely manner even if one file fails processing
- Added integrity checks for files recalled from tape, ensuring that data delivered to customers is validated before distribution
- Various improvements to the process that stores daily NPP data in an FTP accessible folder: ftp://ftp-npp.class.ngdc.noaa.gov/
- Bookmarks to CLASS web site will have the same name: NOAA's Comprehensive Large Array-data Stewardship System
CLASS Release 6.2
Release 6.2, released 9 April 2013, has the following significant enhancements:
- Increased search speed for Quick Search and Order function
- Users of this search option will see a faster response time, this enhancement will be more noticeable by our Metop and NPP users
- Future releases will incorporate these performance enhancements to the search functionality
- Enhancements for support of NPP include:
- Display the collection short name on details page
- Add information to the CLASS Process Complete email to inform users that (RIPs) are not intended for operational use and do not go through vigorous validation and evaluation process as other operational products
- Correctly handle NPP granule delivery when one or more granules are missing and de-aggregation and/or packaging is selected. With this enhancement NPP users will be able to request granules when an aggregate has missing granules
- Added the ability for operations to add notes to the search pages for a product
- Users will see less messages on the home page and more product specific information when they reach the search pages
- All users in the system as of 4/9/13 have been granted CLASS Subscription permission (or standing orders). See the following link for help. http://www.class.ncdc.noaa.gov/release/system_help/subs/index.htm
- Assorted performance and stability improvements
Additionally, release 6.2 has a large number of internal improvements that are not immediately noticeable to the user community but will be implemented with future core internal enhancements.
CLASS Release 6.0
With release 6.0 CLASS has migrated to a Linux based operational environment. With new, more powerful processors and more memory available, users should see faster response times, more reliable service and faster data delivery. As the size of the Archive increases and the daily incoming data volumes keep growing, this change in infrastructure support gives CLASS a spring board for faster, more cost efficient future technology upgrades.
CLASS Release 5.5.3
Release 5.5.3, released 15 March 2012, has the following significant enhancements:
- CLASS changes to support searching CORS and ingest report include enhancements
- allow users to select day of year in addition to current search functionality,
- display on the CORS search page a start and ending date in the day of year
- automation of CORS station updates.
- CLASS changes to support weather analysis and forecasts charts include
- ingest and archival storage of NCEP Weather Analyses and Forecasts Charts
- ingest report for NCEP Weather Analyses and Forecasts Charts data,
- search and order NCEP Weather Analyses and Forecasts Charts data,
- dissemination NCEP Weather Analyses and Forecasts Charts data.
- CLASS changes to support NDE include enhancements to
- utilization of the FTP-S protocol used for NDE data transmissions,
- ingest MIRS NUP data,
- search and order, including subscriptions, MIRS NUP data,
- dissemination of MIRS NUP data.
- CLASS changes to support JAXA GCOM include enhancements to
- ingest and archival storage of GCOM-W1 AMSR2 data,
- retransmission of GCOM-W1 AMSR2 data,
- search and order, including subscriptions, GCOM-W1 AMSR2 data,
- dissemination GCOM-W1 AMSR2 data.
- CLASS changes to support Jason include enhancements to
- ingest and archival storage of Telemetry data (HKTMR, PLTM1, PLTM2),
- search and order Telemetry data (HKTMR, PLTM1, PLTM2),
- add new file extension ".nc" on netCDF xGDRs.
- CLASS changes to support Ocean Color include enhancements to
- ingest and archival storage of MODIS Terra Level2 Data (compressed) and
MODIS Aqua SWIR L2 data (compressed),
- search and order MODIS Terra Level 2 Data (compressed) and MODIS
Aqua SWIR L2 data (compressed).
CLASS release 5.5
Release 5.5, released 25 May 2011, has the following significant enhancements:
- Performance improvements to data dissemination activities,
- reduced the number of copy operations in dissemination,
- optimized the tape recall mechanism and improved management of recall queues,
- increased size of disk cache, therefore reducing number of tape recalls
- Users will be able to search and order e.huxley data
- Enhancements to geographic search algorithm. Removed limit for searches to a maximum of 78 degrees; this allows for better searches around the poles. Future enhancements will allow the mapping tool to support different projections.
- Added a total files tag in the dissemination manifest
- Enhanced GVAR order size estimates and map overlays
- Initiated migration out of AIX into RHEL Linux. This migration will complete by June 2012. Users will see performance improvements by the additional processing power provided by the new servers
- Assorted bug fixes.
CLASS Release 5.4
Release 5.4, released 26 October 2010, has the following significant enhancements:
- Enhanced the Order Query page to allow users:
- Query by order type (Web, Subscription, Multi-Block)
- Set filters to see only orders on a specific state
- Select different sort options
- Select number of items (25, 50, 100) per page
- Enhanced search by file name option (Dataset name button in the search page) to allow for Boolean 'or' and 'and' operators
- Enhanced geographic search algorithm for Polar Orbiting satellites to better identify data near the poles. The previous version of the algorithm would not find all data available for searches near the poles.
- Enhanced subscription management options to allow
- Deletion of subscriptions (not only enabling or disabling subscriptions)
- Define a time range for validity; this will allow subscribers interested in seasonal data set their subscriptions and do not have to worry about enabling and disabling them
- Better display options to indicate the status of a subscription
- Enhanced data dissemination activities to accelerate data delivery to the user community. We expect that you will see a small increment on the speed of data delivery from CLASS
- Future releases will have additional improvements in this area
- Reorganized subscribers ftp areas to separate files for each subscription on a different directory; this will allow subscribers to better relate files to subscriptions
- New directory structure is: /sub/<userkey>/<sub id>/
- Subscribers are now able to select the periodicity of their Dissemination Manifests. Default will remain the current one manifest per order, but subscribers can now select Dissemination Manifests to be time dependent.
- Subscription confirmation email format changes.
- 1.) A bug has been fixed so the sub id will be displayed in the directory path listed in the email, for example sub/<userkey>/<sub_id>.
- 2.) sub id was also added to the 'http' line of the confirmation email.
- 3.) The <cr> is not included in the 'cd' line of the confirmation email. This will be fixed in a future release.
- Subscription expiration period for data can be extended greater than 5 days. Send an email request to the CLASS Help Desk.
- All items in one order will now have the same expiration date/time. Previously, items expired 120 hours after they are put in the ftp area.
- Assorted internal changes to ready the system to receive new data types. Stay tuned as in the next few months, additional data will be available via CLASS!
CLASS Release 5.3
Release 5.3, released 21 April 2010, has the following significant enhancements:
- Enhanced the web functionality and display. We look forward to your comments and suggestions.
- The Search results page and the Data Set Details page will be displayed in the same browser rather than opening a new window or tab, except for visual produce search results such as AERO100, AVHRRPR, and SST. Since search results will remain in the same browser window, CLASS will support direct navigation to the results via a new Search Results link in the left-hand menu and footer. Navigation to the search results page will be included on the left-hand menu. The search results page will have the same look and feel as the other web pages.
- The Search criteria page and search results page will work correctly with a browser’s Back button.
- The Search results page will display the datatype short name and long name.
- Alerts will be displayed if the browser settings will not allow the CLASS web site to work correctly.
- Order Now was renamed to Simple Search to eliminate confusion. Once the Simple Search is selected, a popup window will be displayed notifying the user that the search is in progress.
- Since JASON J2-XGDR cross-references have been enabled, user’s can elect to have companion data delivered with their datasets and/or metadata.
- Format, datatype family short name, and title will be searchable and displayed for the collection metadata search.
- Upon invalid data entry, the User Profile page will state which field is invalid.
- Users of Jason data will notice new fields on the details page.
- Users of GOES data – VISSR/VAS (GOES-7 and earlier) will be able to select dissemination options such as output format, bands, and digital signatures.
- A checksum can be added to the delivery manifest for orders.
CLASS Release 5.2
Release 5.2, released 1 October2009, has the following significant enhancements:
- Enhanced the home page and the overall site look. We look forward to your comments and suggestions.
- The new home page, still preserves the drop down menu where all types of data are available, but additionally, we have included at the right most section of the page a new list of data categories that can be expanded or contracted to facilitate finding a data type.
- We have also included at the right most section of the page, just below the list of data categories a new search box. This search box will search the collection metadata and it is intended to help CLASS users to find the type of data that they are interested in. This new box is not intended to be used to search specific files.
- We have made system enhancements to allow users to place larger orders (up to six months worth of data). This is restricted functionality and it will be enabled on case by case basis. If you need to have this functionality enabled, please send and email to email@example.com describing the reason why you need this new functionality and how are you planning to use the data.
- Users of MIRS data will notice two new search criteria
- Subscribers will notice that the same spatial restrictions (an area cannot span more than 78 degrees of longitude) available for online orders will be now enforced for subscription orders.
- Users accustomed to downloading data using the web server, will notice a new URL, this change will allow for faster delivery of the data and will reduce the load of the main web server.
CLASS Release 5.1
Release 5.1, released 7 April 2009, has the following significant enhancements:
- Replaced the mapping tool. The new tool has various features that we expect CLASS users will appreciate. This tool will allow us to provide new capabilities in future releases. We look forward to your comments and suggestions.
- Users of Jason data will now have the capability for selecting delivery of either Jason data, XML formatted metadata files or both. The default will be that both data and metadata are included when a user requests Jason data.
- Users will receive notification emails, almost immediately upon placing an order. We have streamlined the start order process to improve response time.
- We have improved our background processes to make data acquisition more reliable, flexible and extensible. As a user you will see less delays on making current data available.
- Assorted bug fixes.
CLASS Release 5.0.2
CLASS Version 5.0.2, released 14 January 2009 offers encryption when logging on or changing your password. Encryption is provided by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates. The CLASS certificates are self-signed. These certificates allow encryption but have not been verified by a third-party entity.
- When accessing the secured portions of the web site, you may be prompted to accept or install the certificates. They may be permanently installed as trusted by your client browser, and warnings would thereafter be automatically bypassed.